So I have decided to do things my way. I have decided to work on ‘New years resolutions’ for August 2008 – December 2009. Yes I know that this is longer than 1 year, but this is how I’m doing things- MY WAY! So below are my New Years resolutions LOL!
- Get airplay on at least 2 national radio stations, I don’t need them to playlist all 5 tracks, but wouldn’t that be lovely… *evil laugh*
- Raise enough funds through gigs & downloads (hint to all the people that love and support me) of the EP, to record a high quality full length album
- Before I do the above I would like to get a band of very diverse musicians that I ‘click’ with, the search starts soon.
- Do a couple of gigs with Tidal Waves, Jacsharp, HHP & 7th Son.
- Make the cover of YourLMG… Mike I know you reading this! Could we please make it in colour? LMAO!
GREEN (the EP) by BLACK PORCELAIN coming IN 2 WEEKS!!!
- Self publish my book before Feb 2009.
- Sign a deal with an independent distributor.
- Sell more that 5000 copies in SA (you may think that this is a low self esteem number… Don’t worry, so do I, but look at the next point).
- Get an agent and sign a deal with a US publisher, so my book is sold in a totally different market… Aaah the ambition of young people, you gotta love it.
- Start doing some freelance work for magazines locally. I miss writing and it's fun just to write an article as opposed to a whole book, sometimes.
- Increase listenership on my ‘graveyard’ show
- GET A PRODUCER… I really wanna do BIGGER things, but I simply can’t because I have my finger in 2 many pies ha ha ha ha.
- Move to another time slot, because I won’t be able to do midnight – 3am for too long, as much as I love my new show.
- We are moving into a new place and we won’t have TV for 2 months, because we are starting from scratch! Living in a new place has really spoilt us. So by December 2009, I want to have a TV and FULL furniture. So I feel at home in my little place.
- HAVE A DINNER PARTY with all my peoples in Cape Town and have some of my Jozi people over… I promise I will ladies (and gents) please just be patient.
- Have a black upright piano in my place; the place is not big enough for a baby grand (PLUS I CANNOT AFFORD ONE!!!!!)
- I have never owned a bikini and I have seen Serena Williams in a bikini and she looks amazing, so I’m inspired by a sister who is not bone thin.
- I am going to loose about 5 kg’s and buy me a sexy bikini… Not sure if I ill post pictures.
- A while ago I had an eyebrow wax (which I will never do again, threading is the way to go) so I think I will dare to have a bikini wax ONCE in my life. If the results are great , I might give up shaving FOREVER (most unlikely, because I HATE pain).
- Have my beloved Green Drink (courtesy of Dr Oz) every morning… It’s actually not that bad, at least not the way that I make it.
Serena Williams REPRESENTING!!!
- INCREASE MY INCOME! I’m not doing badly, but I read a quote that said "There is no point at which having arrived we can remain." By a some smart anonymous person.
- Save at least 10% of my income every month.
- I am a late bloomer when it comes to hip hop, so I missed some really great acts when they made their way to SA (many years ago). One of these acts was Talib Kweli. I sent him a message on MySpace BEGGING him to show SA some love. He then replied (not sure if it was him or his people, but I still appreciated it) ,speedily might I add, saying he had been here 3 times already. He even enquired WHERE I WAS when all this was happening LOL! So since I was a mere seedling, my mission is to get promoters to get TALIB, MOS, COMMON & THE ROOTS down here for all of us SA to enjoy (get your mind out of the gutter THIS INSTANT!). If they refuse, I might have to do it myself.
- Make an effort to see at least 5 live performances a month, if Mike has it his way he might have us going out 3 times a week
I HAVE to get Talib to come back to SA, feel free to support me :)
Mike (from YourLMG), Marcia and I at DecoDANCE LOL!