Saturday, April 14, 2007

WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!

I've just come home and I couldn't wait to share this with someone other than the 'manager girl', who is also best friend and housemate. Tonight was AWESOME!!!

The day started off kinda naff though. Day job is really getting me down. The bosses have poor communication skills and there are other issues that I do not care to discuss while I'm on this amazing high. So day job had me in a really crappy mood, trip to Jozi was postponed, was VEEEEERRRRRYY tired and decided to take a nap. Was interrupted by more than 7 calls, half of them were useless and the other half I can't remember right now.
Manager girl came home and we got 'ready' for the show. Arrived at 'The Shack' at about 8, because that is the time that the 'producer kid' gave. We had a drink and then tried to get into 'Mercury Live', but main entrance was locked so the 'manager girl' decided that we were going to sneak into the back entrance. I told her to go in and first while I 'checked the coast' (I'm such a goody two shoes, wouldn't be caught dead sneaking into some back entrance). She came back and told me it was safe to go through the back. When in doubt ask your manager and awesome best friend to go in first LOL.

Had sound check with the bang OMG it was loud. I could hardly hear myself. 'Producer kid' recommended that I put tissue in my ears, otherwise I might go deaf. I LOVE ROCK n ROLL?!

Waited until 22:30 for the performance to start, by then manager was holding me back from drinking anymore Jack Daniels hee hee. The time came for me to perform and boy was I nervous. I have NEVER felt so good in all my life. Yes, so the band was killing my ear drums and there were people smoking in the venue. But I still had such a good time. Listened to LP Shows whole set, they did very well. Jess (friend) and her man came by as well and a good time was had by all.
Lessons learnt today

1. My fear is not bigger than me.
2. I CAN actually sing very loud.
3. Groupies are a reality (I really thought they were a myth)
4. Nothing beats having your best friend as your manager, who supports you no matter what.
5. This was a tiny step towards becoming a 'real' full time muso
6. Well... It's late and I have to get to bed now :)

Enjoy the pictures :)

This is the back entrance that the 'manager girl' discovered ;)




Below is the producer kid, having way too much fun on stage with the rest of the band.


That is me having a min-diva moment... Don't judge my clothes :)