Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes WE can (Obama)

I won't lie, I cried this morning. I cried for half an hour because now I know that WE truly can. It was 07:15 this morning when I climbed out of bed after waiting on the results FOREVER.

The first thing I did was get a tissue to wipe my face, I cried as soon as I heard (and I wasn't the only one). Then I poured a glass of wine and wrote in my diary. I don't know why i did this, but I opened the flood gates of my heart and as soon I closed my diary I KNEW that I was a different woman.








After Nelson Mandela, there was Barack Obama: BLACK PRESIDENTS after many years of believing that there would never ever be one. I think Americans did the right thing. And Obama is right when he says 'All things ARE POSSIBLE'. I'm not an American, but I am very happy :) I guess it's because I was not old enough to appreciate Nelson Mandela being elected as SA's first democratically elected president (our first Black president). Now that I'm older I appreciate what both these men have done.



Just watched this video below and it made me cry This is beautiful :) and I'm pathetic LOL!!





Like I said before my favourite quote is:

"We've been asked to pause for a reality check. We've been warned against offering the people of this nation false hope.But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about HOPE."

YES WE CAN!!!