Monday, October 27, 2008

Touch my body?!

I must admit that I find Mariah Carey's song 'Touch my body' slightly inappropriate... For a close to 40-something-year old. I'm a big Mimi fan, but that song sounds like it should be sung by a 20-something-year old pop tartlet (Rihanna, Paris Hilton, Britney, Christina A, Kat Deluna etc).

Call me old fashioned if you will, but I do think that this idea of 'forever young/dumb/loose' is infuriating and it reduces women to being (only) tits, thighs & buns forever. I am truly of the opinion that every stage in our lives should be celebrated & embraced as opposed to us trying to be 21 FOREVER! That's my opinion!

Well, if you like me found Mimi's hit song disturbingly age-inappropriate, then you are going to love the clip below. Aretha Franklin (QUEEN OF THE WORLD) singing 'Touch my body'.





Uhmm...


Maybe THEN...



Got nothing but love for the Queen though :)

"I sing to the realists; people who accept it like it is."
Aretha Franklin