Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Never ending story



I am back AGAIN and this time I have a good reason for having gone away.


It seems that making this album is going to take longer. I mean... I knew it was going to take a while, but I was not prepared for HOW LONG it would actually take. I think I stopped blogging because I didn't know what to say. I would imagine a bunch of posts saying "still recording... Still anxious... Not sure how I'm affording this..." don't make for a very interesting blog.


I think I also went through a little bit of a depression. All this money was being poured into a-never-ending-project and I was in a constant state of creating. The manager (Ms Marcee) suggested I take a break... Which I could, because the money well was drying up fast anyway.


This is in no way meant to be a depressing post. I am no longer depressed and I have decided to celebrate all my mini victories. So here goes:



  • We have 3 COMPLETE songs (mixed, mastered & ready for consumption)


  • The first single (Are you listening) was described as 'ground breaking' by a reviewer


  • I recorded 5 more songs, with producer 1, that are soon to be mixed etc.


  • I performed at a friends company launch 2 months ago and the audience was pleasantly surprised and so lovely to perform to (see pics below)




    • I am in the Red Bull studios this week, working on some out-of-my-comfort-zone tracks


    • We are shooting a video next month (for 'Aching Head') and the if the treatment is anything to go by... *blowing my own horn*


    • The shoot for the sleeve is happening next week and I'm really excited about it. It makes me feel that we are getting closer to completion.


    I am nervous and excited about the road ahead. I will definitely keep you posted *wink*