Monday, December 29, 2008

The sounds of 2008

TOP ALBUMS

  1. Lupe Fiasco - The Cool
  2. Lil' Wayne - Tha Carter 3
  3. 340ml - Sorry for the delay (yessir!!)
  4. Alicia Keys - As I am (yes I know it was released in 2007)
  5. Estelle - Shine
  6. Fat Freddys Drop - Based on a true story (Fully aware it was released in 2005)
  7. Asa - Asa
  8. Simphiwe Dana - Zandisile (Released in 2004 but I only GOT INTO this year)
  9. Talib Kweli - Eardrum
  10. Common - Elecrtic Circus (Only managed to get it this year- BIG ALBUM)
  11. Black Porcelain - Green (It occupied all my time)

TOP SONGS

  1. Coldplay - Viva La Vida
  2. Lil' Wayne ft J Zay - Mr Carter (Incase you're wonder-ra-ring)
  3. Estelle - No Subsitutue ("If I wanted to be part time I'd be working at the check out line")
  4. Siphokazi - Amacala
  5. Ne- Yo - Ms Independent
  6. Adele - Chasing Pavements
  7. Asa - Bibanke
  8. John Legend - Green Light
  9. Salif Keita - Africa (meant so much to me this year)
  10. Lupe Fiasco - Go baby
  11. Bob Marley - Stir it up
  12. Denim - Without you
  13. The Parlotones - Giant Mistake (never gets old)
  14. BLACK PORCELAIN - JOHNNY *giggling*
  15. Chris Brown ft Keri Hilson - Superhuman
  16. Jennifer Hudson - Spotlight
  17. Alicia Keys - Superwoman
  18. Kanye West -I wonder
  19. Ne-Yo- Closer
  20. Femi Kuti - Beng beng
  21. Boo - Booble (Couldn't possibly get tired of this one)
  22. STIMELA - WHISPERS IN THE DEEP (Expect it on this list every year)
  23. Estelle - American Boy
  24. Common - Electric wire Hustle Flower
  25. John Mayer - Come back to bed
  26. Tidal Waves - I'm longing
  27. Nina Simone - Go to hell
  28. BLACK PORCELAIN - Teacup (I really do like that song)
  29. Zuluboy - Nomalanga
  30. Goldfish - Sold My Soul

This was the soundtrack to 2008, as you can see the list is quite diverse. I look forward to another year of amazing music (new and old)... I start work on the album in 2 weeks time eeeek!

ENJOY YOUR NEW YEARS CELEBRATIONS, STAY SAFE & BE BLESSED :)