Sunday, September 14, 2008

5 in 1 this week in Zulu ONLY

This week on 5 in 1: Zulu Boy.

I heard about this guy a few years ago from someone from EMI who was telling me that Zulu Boy is the future. I took the comment and filed it somewhere in the archives of my mind. It was only a few months later that I actually HEARD him. I loved that he did not stick himself into any ones box, he created a whole entire space for his creativity.

His debut album Masihambisane was dope and he has a new one out 'Inqolobane'.

So if you wanna hear about the man behind the music, tune into the Midnight Xpress on Radio 2000 this week Mon- Fri midnight - 3am... Shameless advertising. You can catch us on streaming audio too. HOLLER!!!

Zulu Boy- Hail to the King


The interview didn't start so well though. There is nothing worse than calling the person you're supposed to be interviewing and hearing 'The subscriber you have called is not available. Please try again later." I wasn't gonna lose my coll though, so I called his label and they hooked me up. He had lost his phone. After that everything just flowed. Nice young man!

The only reason I get so worked up when an interviewee (is that even a word?) does not pick up their phone, is because I've had someone promise they would be available for a LIVE interview and then not pick up. This guy did it to me THREE times. I learned my lesson though! I think what made it worse was that he was a friend of mine (not anymore).