Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Time flies

Oh how time flies when there are deadlines to be met and gigs to be booked. So I'm just gonna give you the long and short of what I've been up to. I've been...

Admiring Crisvector's AMAZING stuff. My little brother & Marcee were hooked and so I decided to check it out... NICE!!! Below are some of my faves.




Ad Infinitum by `CrisVector on deviantART




Queen Of Hearts by `CrisVector on deviantART




Idiocity by `CrisVector on deviantART




Madam Nature by `CrisVector on deviantART



Images via crisvector.deviantart.com


Listened to Fat Freddys drop. Needless to say that was the work of my little brother as well. I would be so old and boring if it wasn't for him :) It's easy listening and it makes me think of sipping cocktails on a sunny Friday afternoon, just before we go party the night away. Aaah will Summer EVER get here?






Went on a team building get away for day job last weekend. That was fun! Magaliesberg was so nice and hot and then I got back to a wet and cold Cape Town SMH. I took my camera with me and took no pics- typical!

Marcee put together an amazing band and we found rehearsal space, now she is working on finding the perfect time for everyone to get together and rehearse as well as booking gigs.





Made my big brother listen to Tidal Waves latest album (Afrika), these guys are amazing. I saw them at Zula 2 weeks ago and they are also incredibly sweet, so I am a HUGE fan. I spoke to Jacob a.k.a Zakes after their performance and he was telling me how weird it is that when they perform overseas the people love them, but here in SA promoters hardly know who they are. Somethings got to change...

Image via their MySpace

I also did a little bit of soul searching.. And came to the following conclusion.


All great achievements require time.
Maya Angelou

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
Maya Angelou
Thank God for Maya Angelou!!!!