Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Jacsharp & dayjob stuff

The best part of the day job is when I get to interview local muso's and this week I'm playing snippets of an interview I did with Jules from Jacsharp.




If you asked me to describe their music, I would have a hard time doing it, so I'm not even going to attempt to. Here is how they describe their music:

What do you get when you mix an electronic drummer, rock/funk guitarist, afro/jazz bassist and a pop/jazz singer? A completely new, eclectic genre of music that's unique to Cape Town based band, jacSharp. If you dig to the core of this band, you will find something magical that has been built on a foundation of nothing but good times, good tunes and keen understanding of musical diversity. All of this has been melted down, mixed together and energetically thrown at their enthralled audiences. Just watch this space...





Check them out on Facebook and MySpace to listen to their songs.

Oh and tune into the Midnight Xpress on Radio 2000 with me to hear the interview this week :)