Monday, August 13, 2007

To the B*^%H on the scooter

Okay... I am not one to get pissed for a really long time. I feel the emotion for what it's worth in that moment and then move on to the next moment. But there is this feeling of anger that I just can't seem to shake. So I thought I would vent publicly (maybe that will make it go away).

On Saturday as I was driving back home from work, at about 10 am-ish, I was thinking 'Thank goodness I'm a more confident driver now and I am more aware on the roads'. Yay me! gave myself a pat on the shoulder and carried on humming to the wonderful music that was on Radio 2000 (shameless advertising) when all of a sudden some CRAZY B&^%H on a scooter makes a very risky U-turn into the lane next to mine and I carry on driving thinking 'That crazy fool is looking for trouble.' Something made me look at her miserable little face and I noticed her beady eyes darting from my lane to hers.

I thought to myself 'I KNOW she is NOT going to try and squeeze in when she can clearly see that there is no space.' Clearly I gave her too much credit because with the speed of lightning she cut infront of me AND THEN.......

SHE STOPPED ABRUPTLY AND INDICATED!!!! My first thought was NOT to slam on the brakes and kill that STUPID STUPID woman. But... Sanity quickly prevailed, I checked my mirror and quickly swerved like Schumi. I then did the polite thing: hooted and shouted 'Are you crazy you BEEP BEEP BEEP I should have BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP...."

I am very against any kind of violence, but at that moment I think I really lost my mind. I could have seriously hurt that woman and myself. It took me at least an hour to calm down after the incident. I wasn't angry because she cut in front of me. I was angry because she is not the only person on the road and she has no right to behave like it. She could have not only hurt herself, but me and Marcee who was in the car with me.

My driving instructor once said that 'driving is not the problem, it's that you have other people's lives in your hands and you have to be alert all the time. It's all fine to be cute and try to be a little daredevil but think about the people whose lives you are endangering.

WHAT HAS REALLY PISSED YOU OFF ON THE ROAD LATELY and WHY?

Now, I'm not saying that road rage is fine, not at all! Violence is just uncool, but I'm curious to find out what has you saying 'EY YOU BEEP BEEP BEEP!' on the roads.