Monday, August 20, 2007

Chasing cars

I'm not sure Snow Patrol meant it the way it happened today?! I have been so distracted lately (not sure how to explain it, so I wont) and been repressing a lot of feelings because 'tough girls don't cry' right? Wrong! This morning I got out of my car and went into my office.

A few minutes later I get a call from reception saying my car 'has rolled into the sea'... I kid you not. I wasn't sure what to make of it so I went outside to go and sea my car 'in the sea'. I work right by the promenade so it could have been true. As it turns out I got out of my car without putting the hand brake up. WTF? My car started rolling into the main road and the homeless people that see me all the time pushed back into the road where it was parked and put bricks in front of the wheel to stop it from going 'into the sea'.

If that isn't a sign I don;t know what is. I got out of my car, which I always park on this 'incline' (Cape Town is one big incline) and I didn't put my hand brake up. THANK GOD for those people that pushed my car out of the main road. I shudder to think what might have happened if they weren't there.

So I'm working through those emotions as I type, because I know that it will only get worse... I've been here before and I really did myself serious harm the last time. So this time I'm going to deal with it.

Chasing cars indeed!