Sunday, September 9, 2007

It's been too long

I CANNOT believe I've been away for so long!!! Things have been unspeakably busy and crazy. After the 'chasing cars' incident I decided to do a little soul searching. This is what I discovered from my soul searching mission:

1. I am spending too much time and energy 'paying the bills' and not enough on making the music.

2. I love what I do, but I am not entirely sure I love where I am doing it.

3. I need to present in the moment. I spend way too much time worrying about stuff that doesn't really matter to me and way too little time 'LIVING IN THE MOMENT'.

Almost as if the universe had heard me, I was told my contract is not being renewed and I found out about other exciting job opportunities that I am looking into.

The presenter of the show I was producing left and I am currently presenting the show, while they find someone else in Jozi. So I now work 6 days a week and am making much needed music. I don't really mind the hours because I know that it's only for the month. So I'm using this month to beef up my radio knowledge as I make plans to move along.

The old me would have panicked when I found out that my contract would not be renewed, but I'm surprisingly calm. Don't get me wrong I did have a day of 'woe is me... Boo hoo hoo!" I am surprisingly okay with what is happening in my life right now.

Okay... Maybe I'm a little sad that I don't have much time to blog, but everything else is great.

I think I will make it a point to post a blog at least once a week.

P.S The Boks did us proud today. "TONIGHT WE CONQUER!" Loving it!!!