Wednesday, September 19, 2007

EP diary - The first meeting

So this is the first post of the 'EP Diary': I am FINALLY working on my EP.

It has taken a LOOOOONG time for me to commit to actually DOING this. I discussed some of my doubts a while ago (I'm too lazy to find a link- sorry) and after much thought, tears and frustration I know what I want to do: The theme, sleeve, marketing plan, songs etc. I made the decision to do this and I am sticking to it.

So today (after taking care of day job stuff) I went to meet with the second producer. The first is obviously that 'producer kid' that I've been working with for a long time. The reason I have a second producer is because 'producer kid' is really good at a certain genre and I believe it would be unfair on us both for me to expect him to do what he may not necessarily be good at. Imagine me asking John Mayer to produce a hip hop track (although I hear he is provided the concept for Common's 'Go'). So in order to be able to do the best for us all I decided to take on a second producer.

I met up with him today and we spoke for a while. We spoke about our expectations, deadlines etc and it was very successful. So I am thoroughly excited!! I will keep you posted on the gwanin's of the EP. Big tings are gwan!! BIG TINGS!!

P.S I haven't forgotten about that major decision post. It's just taking a bit of time to write and the situation keeps getting complicated.