Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines day 08

Okay, I've been single for a looooong time. I have chosen to be single, for many reasons I cannot discuss right now. But the 14th of February really means very little to me. I've never really celebrated Valentines day, so I didn't make any real plans for this year. I usually just buy Marcee something and we carry on with life.

Well this year was a little different...

In the morning I ran into Zolani and Aron from Freshlyground (they had an interview with the breakfast team) at work. They mentioned that they would be performing at the Armchair Theatre and I thought 'Oh what the heck'.

So after work (which was a little uneventful) I went and bought champagne, cholcolate and ingredients for supper. The chocolate was for Marcee because she is CRAZY about dark chocolate. Then I made supper for us 3 (including little brother) SINGLE people. It was very delicious and lots of fun because we spoke about EVERYTHING (including how much fun being single is).

Later in the evening we went to Obz to go watch Freshlyground and it was HOT HOT HOT!!! Zolani sounds the same live, as she does on the CD, which is great because I've heard international stars who sound crap live and she sounded WONDERFUL. We sang along to most of the songs and shouted and danced! I enjoyed Freshlyground before but now I'M A FAN!!!

Lots fun was had by all. We blasted John Legends 'Get Lifted' album on the way home. Hooweeee!!! Valentines day 2008 was FANTASTIC!

The band (Freshlyground)


Marcee with a drink in her hand... TYPICAL!!!
Did I mention how hot it was there?
GOOD TIMES, GOOD TIMES. I interviewd Aron (from Freshlyground) this morning on the show... That's how impressed I was :)