Wednesday, February 6, 2008

EP diary - Changed direction

I had planned to be so diligent with EP updates... At least one update a week, but so far I have been TERRIBLE! Mainly because I have not been working on the EP (with new producer guy) as much as I thought I would be. This was making me v anxious and v unhappy. I was spending WAAAYYY too much time on 'day job stuff'.

So last week we got together and DISCUSSED what we would be doing in 2000 AND great. We spent way too much time conceptualising and looking at different directions. Which was very important, because we had never worked with each other before and we needed to be on the same page for things to work. Near the end of last year in December, we decided to take a break because we were both freakishly busy. Then we both decided that we would work on (baby) songs that I had written and make them proper (GROWN UP) SONGS.

Today was our first meeting and I am DELIGHTED to say that we made LOTS of progress. We started with one of my very own baby songs. I spoke about it last time: it was inspired by a certain singer that I admire.

I had written another song about love and lies and I played it for him. He went liked that one MUCH better than the one about the 'mystery singer'. He was so excited. Nobody, besides sweet marcee and piano teacher react that way to my music. So it was a bit of relief to find that there are more than 2 people (myself excluded) who believe in my talent. YAY!!!

These songs will be keeping C.B (producer guy) and I very busy, because we are thinking of actually getting a group of musos together to work on the songs once we know what we want from them. The songs are very 'organic' (don't I sound so clever?) so we are shying away from electronics for these two songs, but I am looking forward to working on some crazy 'electronic' stuff as well.

That is all I have for the update right now dear hearts. Very exciting news. I am meeting C.B on Monday and I shall have another update for you. Gooooooooooooooooooooo Team!!!