Monday, November 26, 2007

EP diary - there is a 2nd and 3rd track

Okay, so I realise I have been a little quiet about the EP: that was done on purpose, because the 'bill paying' job took over some of my time and there was some other body stuff going on (terrible migraines- poor me boo hoo hoo).

So the 1st track has become a little more than a concept now. Slowly falling in love with it. I asked Chris to let me court it first and see what I could do with it. he's been really patient. While I was courting track one he started working on..... DRUM ROLL PLEASE!

TRACK 2, it's got a 'bluesy' feel to it. I believe he was recording a drum track for it this weekend with his fabulously talented fellow-Carpet-Mafian (I just made that word up). Can't wait to hear it. I've been waiting a long time to sit down and speak to a 'producer' and have someone produce (excuse the pun) something that we both could agree on and work on. Initially it's a small idea and then somehow in the time that we are apart it becomes something real and it just keeps growing.

TRACK 3 has something of an interesting story to it. While I was learning to play the piano... Listen to me, talking as if I can already play the piano like a pro. Let me start again: About 2 months ago I was learning how to mix and match chords and I came up with a really simple combination that was so much fun. I added lyrics one day when Marcee was making supper and I was having a glass of wine (starting to sound like my buddy Tertia LOL! Love her!) and decided to write a song about a certain musician *BLUSH* *BLUSH*. It wasn't like a let's-get-it-on-right-now-hot-boy type of thing. Oh goodness no!! That track I'm saving for Common (and Alicia Keys) LOL. Okay that was another bad joke LMAO... Indulge me here!! Uhmmm... Where was I?

Oh yeah, so I wrote a song about a musician that I have so much respect for. It's just a playful little tune about my relationship with music and it just happens to include this guy and his music. It's called 'Song for..." and C.B (amazing producer of mine) and I are gonna record it soon. He is just getting to know my COMPLEX chords to the song and then we are gonna do it. I guess you'll find out who it is when I'm done. If you do know please don't spill the beans (Phi, Steve, Marcee etc).

I'm helluva excited about this project. I am coming into my own a singer and as a songwriter and it makes wanna SHOUT and JUMP AROUND when I think about it. I am blessed to know my passion and fortunate enough to pursue it with everything I've got it.

I have more surprises in store. Hint: it's about ANOTHER passion of mine. YAY!!!