Tuesday, November 6, 2007

In a good place

First post of the week (the one before doesn't count- I was just sharing good music)....

I'm in a really good place right now. REALLY GOOD!! I'm certain. Very certain of my plans and destiny. It's such a great place to be... It feels like: YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I compiled a Yipeeeeeeeeeeee list: things that make you feel wonderful

1. Do you regardless
example: I'm a thick girl. Thick, as in I'm no Kate Moss. For a while I let it bother me, but now I don't worry so much about it because my beauty is not determined by the size of my jeans. So now I eat food that's healthy, but I'm not about to 'watch' what I eat. The longer I 'watch' food, the more I eat. So maybe watching what I eat is making me fat LOL!

2. Acknowledging the beauty of those around you
Negativity is so tiring.... Seriously! Seeing the beauty in everyone actually makes you feel better. I don't know how it works but I know that knowing that the people around me are different and magnificent in their own way makes ME feel better. I love giving credit here it's due.

3. Watch a good movie
Marcee and I watched Ratatouille on Friday afternoon. The plot was not complicated and rats never looked so cute. I laughed and loved it!!! Go watch a good movie! Sometimes when I'm feeling low I think of Dory: Just keep swimming, swimming swimming.... LOVE IT!!!

4. Buy a really great pair of shoes
I love wearing closed shoes, I feel really naked when I expose my toes. I bought a pair of open toe wedges and oooohh I felt so good. Beyonce sings about a freakum dress... I have FREAKUM SHOES ha ha ha. I fell like I'm naked in public but I have all my clothes on. NASTY!!!!

5. Try something new
I hate trying new things when it comes to food. Marcee and I go to this lovely little Thai place sometimes and I always order the same thing. ALWAYS!! Because what I like tastes so good, when I do try something good it's never as good as my firm favourite. Well last week Wednesday I had Sushi. I had never tried Sushi before (it just didn't seem like my kinda thing) and that damn Marcee convinced me to try it. I LOVED IT!!! I felt like a kid, trying something new for the first time. It was VERY EXCITING.

6. Spend some time with good friends
I don't need to explain that one. It's even better if there is good food and lots of bubbly (or whiskey in my case).

7. When in doubt, play a good song
I play Commons song 'The people' in my car when I need inspiration or when I need to calm myself. A good song will do wonders for you. See the video for my current 'theme song' here. Common is most def one of the under-rated artists of our time.

I'm out...