Friday, November 2, 2007

Time away makes...

...me appreaciate all this shit!!

I haven't posted a blog in almost a month and I am so glad to be back at this stuff. I go through a lot of crazy things in my day to day activities and I want to share all of that with you, but geez my workload has been hectic and everytime I think about sitting down and posting a blog I fall asleep before I can log on and share. So I have put aside some blogging/writing time. I hope I can stick to atleast 2 posts a week... Don't judge me! Two posts a week is very ambitious for someone who can hardly get through supper without snoring.

My workload was really getting unbearable, so I took 2 days off: Thursday and Friday. I used to be one of those people that believed that skipping a couple of meals is not a big deal. I used to tell myslef 'to thug/man up' when I've only had 3 hours of sleep a day and I feel like I might collapse. I always underestimated good rest and never really thought about what a difference rest makes.

After being away from the 'day job' I was able to really appreaciate my job (and salary), but I also realised that I am okay without it. I'm in an industry where people get addicted to the attention, the rush of switching the mic on blah blah blah. I thought I might be one of those people till I stepped away from it and listened to someone else do my show.

There was no envy or longing. Only silence.... I coulld hear my own voice in the silence and I could hear my body crying out for help. I also managed to squeeze in lunch at Paranga with a view of the 'beach'. I even came to appreactiate retail therapy and bought two pairs of shoes- HALLELUYER!!!!

This absence has made my heart grow fonder, my body stronger, changed my perceptions and made me get back in touch with me :)

I'm back....