Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Quiet moments

I'm sitting in my little bachelor and the TV is off (for a change), listening to John Mayer (slow dancing in a burning room) and enjoying the quiet. It's a beautiful day in Cape Town, seems the sun put the wind in 'time out' and asked for 'quiet time'.

Today I'm grateful. More grateful than I usually am. Grateful that I am alive, grateful for everything that seemed like a mistake in the past. I guess there are no mistakes in life, because I know that I am meant to be RIGHT HERE at this very moment. And if it wasn't for all those 'mistakes' I wouldn't be here right now. I'm grateful for love, loss, pain, pleasure and being able to feel it all!!

I have a raging headache and feel as though I need to lie down and that is exactly what I am going to do (when I'm done with this post). I believe I am done with putting so much pressure on myself: I have done more than enough to prove to myself that I am an exceptional human being (God doesn't make trash), that I am worthy of love and praise and that I am here to follow my destiny and live MY life the way I see fit.

That feels so good. That amazing human being that has been locked inside of this insecure thin skin has done more than broken it... SHE IS STEPPING OUT COOL AS YOU PLEASE. She is in no rush, she is loving her big coming out and when she is done she is going to look back at her cage, the thin skin, and say 'thank you darling, but I've got it from here. You can rest knowing that we are in great hands now. You did the best you could... But now that we know better, I'm going to do better. PLEASE BELIEVE!!!'

HALLELU-YER I have arrived!!!!!!!!!!!

I love these quiet moments.