Wednesday, November 28, 2007

30 things you should know about me

So the other day I was on someones blog and I saw this. It was actually 50 things, but I'm not that ambitious. I struggled to get to 20, so please recognise how huge this achievement is. Below are 30 things that you may not know about me. I think it's a great way to know the person whose blog you sometimes visit.

It was actually lots of fun doing this, you should also try it when you have time.

1. I LOVE music, it has been the one constant thing in my life.
2. I am teaching myself how to play the guitar and it's lots of fun. I'm actually a lot brighter than I think I am.
3. I once thought that I was not worthy of making music... (Weird... I know!!)
4. I am writing a book, that will be published next year (I have a little confession to make about this, but I'm not ready to share yet)
5. I LOVE food.
6. I have a slow metabolism, so I can't eat as much as I want.
7. I don't really know if I have a slow metabolism, but all the signs are there :)
8. I love my family a whole lot, even though they drive me up the wall. I know that we are perfect just the way we are. THERE IS A BALANCE.



9. My brothers really know how to get me to do things for them: do their washing, look after the kids (when I should be out partying), paying for movie tickets.



10. My mom is a SURVIVOR!!


11. I work for a radio station (I present a women's show) and I am 'on-air' 6 times a week.
12. I like my job on MOST days, because I learn a lot from it
13. I share a bachelor with my best friend, who is also my manager and my ROCK!


14. I HATE shaving my legs (it's too much work) and I LOVE jeans. So it all works out perfectly.
15. I can NEVER wax my under-arms because I have many tiny moles there, so shaving is a really delicate process.
16. Growing up I didn't want to have kids, now I want four. But I think I'm too young to start having kids (24 is young is young right?)
17. I think I still have a little crush on Steve Tyler (the demon of screamin') LMAO

Image from www.hecklerspray.com


18. I am going to make Time’s 100 before I die
19. I used to feel like I wasn’t worth much, but now I KNOW that is not true and I love who I am and I’m truly grateful for everything I have and who I am right now. It’s a great feeling.
20. The thing I am most afraid of: losing my mind.
21. I believe in God and I am also very spiritual. Those two are not the same thing according to most people.
22. I used to LOOOVE chocolate, but now I really don't like it.
23. When I was little I thought Michael Jackson was going to marry me. But as I grew older I realised he wasn't even remotely interested. SIGH




24. I cry when I'm happy and when I'm EXTREMELY ANGRY.
25. I respect people who follow the wisdom of their soul.
26. I love giving credit where it's due. I don't see the point in 'hating'. The other person is being the best at being themselves. Nobody can beat that. Instead of hating I prefer to congratulate people. Because often what we see in other people is what we ourselves are capable of.
27. I can be extremely impatient.
28. I want to turn the youth of South Africa into a reading generation. There are not enough young people that read and I'm passionate about young people reading.
29. I love whiskey and red wine is second on the list. I had way too much vodka at Varsity and it was all CHEAP Vodka too... Oh to be young, broke and DRUNK.
30. I need a vacation and I really wanna live in New York one day. Patience my little one, patience.

That's just 30 random things about me. More will follow. I will try to do this every month or every 2 weeks.