Monday, April 14, 2008

EP Diary - Getting back to work

After what feels like 5 years, I'm getting back to work on the EP.

Changing my schedule did kind of mess me up a little, but it was well worth it. I mean i woke up this morning at 10 am (after leaving work at 3am) and got straight to the stuff that matter to me the most: MUSIC. I was working on the second song and I'm meeting up with producer-guy C.B.

Marcee (the very capable and beautiful manager) and I had to re-work our timeline and move the release date (AGAIN). mainly because we lost so much time and because of our financial constraints. Releasing this EP independently is a challenge that I took on willingly and it has made me a stronger person for it. I have also learnt a lot about the process, so when I do finally put out a full album, things will go a little quicker. I think it's also taking so long because I insist on being involved in everything that I put out creatively.

It's so weird because when I finally took ownership of my destiny (making music) I felt so helpless, because I didn't know where to start. I had many interesting experiences and I even worked on a demo. The purpose of that demo was to find my voice and once I did things got easier, because I knew what I preferred.

I changed producers and REALLY started writing songs and then I had to come up with the money to put this project together. So far so good. The fact that I'm getting less money now (change of show at work) is not so GREAT because I have had to move the date, so that we can achieve everything we set out to achieve. I'm not complaining though, because with less money came more time. I'm grateful for that because I have ALLOWED myself to live creatively.

I am grateful for this whole journey and most especially I'm thankful for all the people it has attracted into my life.

Geez, this was supposed to be a short update and it turned into an essay. I'm off to have supper now.


HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!!!!