Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What is this thing called routine?

I am really struggling here. My new radio show requires me to be up until 3am and that means that I only wake up at about 10am: on a good day when I can convince myself to stay in bed.

Getting enough sleep is not really my problem though. I am having a hard time adjusting to my new 'clock' and it's messing with my creativity. I have been battling to write (music and the book). I thought it was because I was hungry and now I've eaten everything (except the red Onions) in my fridge... Nice! I tried to listen to music to inspire me, but I've practically listened to 3 albums (on repeat). Don;t get me wrong I love John Mayer, Coldplay and Sergio Mendes but I don't want to 'come back to bed' and the 'timeless' music makes me want to SCREAM. I guess this routine stuff really is 'the hardest part' LOL!!

I don't feel very productive today. Perhaps I should go sit in the garden in my PJ's (I KNOW what time it is- thanks) and stare at at my half done manuscript AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!! I've switched to Corrine Bailey Rae, niks maar!!! Perhaps I need to listen to a little Nina Simone (It be's that way sometimes) and accept that I am not in 'the zone' today. IT JUST BE'S THAT WAY SOMETIMES!!!


Nina = PERFECTION :)