Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Manga Madness

I'm being held hostage in my own house. Marcee and my klein boet Junior are addicted to some Anime, or is it Manga (or is it all the same), series called Claymore. What is a girl to do? It's in Japanese and has Englisg subtitles (obviously), but I'm working in front of my laptop so I can't really 'watch'. So all I hear are a bunch of screaming, fighting Japanese people in my flat... HOOWEEE!!!

This whole Anime thing is fascinating because they are both so totally engrossed with this Claymore. Marcee asks Junior to pause everytime she has to go to the kitchen. I actually never thought that SHE would be this engrossed in it. I mean, this the same person who wont let me watch Doodlebops on the weekends.

Okay, okay. Maybe I'm pushing it with Doodlebops LOL!! So, do any of you enjoy Anime/Manga? If so, can you recommend one that has NO 'demons' in it? Or perhaps something a little less dramatic?

I found the image on wikipedia, this is the main character Clare, who from the sounds of the people i live with has undergone some MAJOR transformation. Marcee is in complete disbelief LOL!! This is funny!


PS- Now Marcee and Junior want to learn Japanese... Anime is going to change our lives :)