Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Jazz fest Update

Oh... I know, it's almost 2 weeks too late. But in my defence, I have been trying to adjust to a new time slot and the body is struggling to adjust. I can't sleep for long during the day and I can't sleep in the evenings, because I'm so afraid I wont wake up in time... OH WELL!!!


So the CTIJF (Cape Town International Jazz festival) was so much fun. I was broadcasting from the Rosies stage and I was simply blown away by all the talented musicians that had come together for this festival. I got to interview the following musicians (very briefly):



Darius Brubeck. The man has the softest hands in the world. He shook my hand after our interview and I was thinking 'what soft hands you have Darius Brubeck'. Now you know what goes on in my mind. Even at the most important times, my mind wanders onto things that have no relevance at all. LOL!!!








Javon Jackson- he played with Jimmy Cobb (Legendary drummer-WOW). He was so sweet and so humble. I really enjoyed talking to him.





Concord Nkabinde. My interview with him was by far the most entertaining and laid back. He is a fellow Sowetan and he put ME at ease right away. Usually the interviewer is supposed to put the inetrviewee at ease SMH. He is so confident as a musician and a very pleasant person as well. he is also one of those musicians who believes in sharing the gift of music with young people- HOW CAN I NOT BE A FAN? Did I mention that he also hails from Soweto?







Ewout Pierreux, who is part of the Tutu Puoane quartet. Tutu truly is amazing, she was performing at the Molelekwa stage and people were LOVING her. I didn't get to see her because I was working from the Rosies stage, but Marcee tells me that she was WONDERFUL!!! Below is a pic of the dynamic sistah Tutu:





I also spoke to the deputy mayor of Cape Town, but I don't think you want to see his face, so i will spare you. He had only good things to say about the city of Cape Town.

Fun was had by all and we wrapped up the festival on Sunday on Eric Alan's show. Aaaah fun times :)

That is my late, short and sweet CTIJF update folks. Can't wait for next year, maybe they would like to consider me as a performer LOL!! Okay, maybe we should give it 2 more years. You know how excited I get sometimes. It truly was inspiring experience.