Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Will Smith made me quit my job

and start LIVING my DREAM!!

I have always admired Will Smith as a man, an artist and as a Black person. So I found the interview, below, over at world star hip hop and I was astounded. The interview started out pretty average but then it got REALLY interesting.

I cried throughout more than half of this interview because he spoke to my soul... yes, yes, I know that I'm a cry baby, but I only cry because it really touched my soul. Do yourself a favour and watch this interview. YAY WILL SMITH!!




Things that stuck with me:
"From the specific comes the universal" - Will quoting Denzel Washington on working on 'universal' projects.

"We ARE who we CHOOSE to be."

and my favourite:

"If you stay ready, you aint gotta get ready."

Okay... Okay... I hear you God and thank you Universe for yet another sign. I get it!! I get it!!

Note to self: make sure you have dinner with Will Smith i n the near future and pick his brain. Who knows? Maybe we could do a movie together :)