Sunday, January 20, 2008

The week that was...

The weekly round up:

  1. The song of the week: Champion by Kanye West
  2. Ate so much healthy food it's actually ridiculous... YAY ME!!! Just had Carrot and Apple juice (with ginger). I deserve a gold star!
  3. Bought 3 books: '1. 'The colour purple' I read it in high school and I'm still so in love with it. The movie was okay, but I LOVE the book. It was that book that made me want to become a writer. 2. 'Call me woman' by Ellen Khuzwayo, I have been meaning to get this book for a LOONG time. 3. 'Song of Solomon', I absolutely ADORE Toni Morrison. I read the book when I was at varsity, but something made me buy it.
  4. Watched a HORRIBLE movie called 'Vacancy' starring Kate Beckinsale and Luke Wilson. It is such a bad idea and I felt like it was PURE evil. I have watched many slasher films, but this movie just didn't feel right. I actually fast forwarded most of the movie. EEEWWW!!
  5. Read an article where Lupe Fiasco was talking about retiring. The whole interview sounded a little angry though. Maybe he will reconsider?! I still love his music, esp this one.
  6. Been practising piano all week :)
  7. Been visiting Kanye's blog more often... Don't ask why, because I'm not sure why either :)
  8. Power cuts have been driving people crazy... THANKS ESKOM!!!
  9. Elton John performed in Cape Town... I didn't go, but I hear it was amazing.
  10. Have fallen back in love with Common's 'The light'. I have been listening to it everday for the past 2 weeks. Actually I haven't listened to it today...

That's it!