Monday, January 7, 2008

The post of Chritsmas past

Okay, so I did fly to Jozi after that mess with Nationwide (AAARRGGHHHH) and spending time at home was so much fun.

I got to see my brothers kids. Such precious children. He has 3 kids, but I only saw 2 of them (the other baby was with her mom).



Very smart and cute niece Kamo, she's turning 11 in Feb. She says she wants to be an archaeologist when she grows up... Oh! And she LOVES singing!!!


Nephew (and occasional trouble maker) Tumi, he got an X Box for Christmas (nice dad). Notice the plastic on the sofas. My mom doesn't play that ha ha ha. You gotta love how much she loves her furniture. She will wrap it up if necessary.


This cutie pie is the one I didn't get to see. She must be so big now! Oh my little Khutso!

I got to spend time with my brothers. I took them out for dinner (with Marcee and mom) because Junior passed Matric (Grade 12). I'm so proud of him. This year 65.2 % of the students who sat down and wrote the Grade 12 exams passed. It's scary...

Unfortunately a lot of children feel the pressure from their families and some think that committing suicide is the only way out. Scary how one moment can seem so bad, like it will never get better.

Pics from dinner we had at Soi in Melville

My two monkey brothers pulling faces. Big brother had been on the road for HOURS (back from a friends funeral) and little brother couldn't wait to go and celebrate the 'end of high school' with the class of 2007.


Mother and child.



Me and little brother Junior... You know how much I love photos where I'm looking crusty LOL!!!


Marcia (notice how the crust factor is also high here) with little brother.

And of course it's seeing people happy during Christmas time. We bought my aunty a microwave. She turns 73 this year and it meant a lot to her. My mom says she was always talking about how one day she would buy a microwave oven... WELL, now she has one!!! She was so happy she cried!!!


We had Kamo cover her eyes while dad brought in the gift.



Dad, ever the comedian, wanted me to take a picture of the hand over.


Still crying. (Oh the house is being renovated that's why it looks like day 3 of Extreme makeover
home edition with Ty Pennington LOL)


Me and crying aunt with Microwave oven. YIPEEEEEE!!!

I love spending time with my family...


Hope you enjoyed your holidays.