Sunday, January 27, 2008

The week that was...

Wow!! I have not posted anything up here this whole week. Bummer! Well, before we go into the new week, let's take a look at what kept me busy THIS week.
  1. A very good friend from Jozi came down here with his girlfriend and we all met up for drinks- YAY!!!
  2. Got together with an old colleague/friend (and a friend of hers) on Tuesday night. We went to the Nose Bar and stayed for longer than we anticipated.
  3. Heath Ledger bowed out gracefully. He was 28 and he had been living his life the way he wanted to for a LOONG time. Some people are mot meant to live for a long time. he fulfilled his destiny and 'changed form'. No-one ever really dies, we all change form and leave our mark on mankind... What kind of mark will you leave and will it be for eternity?
  4. I cleaned out all Marcee and my old clothes, put them in black bag and now we are trying to decided on which women's shelter/ homeless shelter we are going to deliver it to. The reason I cleaned out our cupboards is because in order for new things to come in old things must go out. I was making way for new wardrobe and new beginnings. Sounds weird, but this is what I believe :)
  5. Been listening to Alicia Keys ALL week, I must actually physically HIDE that CD!!
  6. Track of the week: American boy by Estelle AND 'Don't let me be misunderstood' by Nina Simone.
  7. Julio Iglesias was in Cape Town and I hear he was good... Cheesy, but GREAT!! Julio is one of the OG playas. I dig some of his songs.
  8. Although the rest of the country was experiencing darkness, I have not experienced a blackout at home, had one on Thursday at work. But, I left and worked from home.
  9. I had Sushi today... Can you say addiction?
  10. My friend Nixy Poo finally heard me on radio. It was on Saturday and during my show I get this SMS saying 'you are on my radio". Ha ha haha. It was hilarious!! I LOVE YOU NIX.
  11. Saw a John Mayer concert on TV yesterday. My not-so-little brother called me and said 'John Mayer. SABC 3" and then he hung up. Oh the joys of being young and trying to save pre-paid airtime.
  12. One of the 'senior' ( I use that word very carelessly) guys at work was ANNOYING me like you wont believe this week. I thought I was going to scream. In fact I think I did... A couple of times.
  13. I spent ALL of Saturday at home, reflecting... Saturdays are usually very busy for me. I stayed home.
  14. Did some catching up on CSI Las Vegas... Shoo things are really getting hectic at the crime lab.
  15. I ate healthy food all of this week. And let me just say for the record that I AM REGULAR!!! Oprah and Dr Oz talk about it all the time. I am regular and feeling light as a feather. Wow! I've reached a disturbing level of comfort here on this Internet place. I am now talking about my bowel movements. I PROMISE NEVER to talk about it again. LMAO.
  16. Went to a farewell on Friday night... I've become quite the socialite. I HARDLY EVER go out and this week I went out 4 times and stayed out VERY late each time. Note: 22h00 is late for me :)
  17. I start working on my music with Chris next week. it's taken a bit of time, but I had to make sure NOTHING disturbs us. So I needed to sort myself out. Am now officially SORTED OUT!!

That's about it. I am going to try and sleep early and wake up early next week. So, sleeping early means BEFORE 22h00 and waking up early means at 05h00... I will let you know how it goes.

P.S I have not forgotten about the announcement :)