Sunday, December 23, 2007

C-A-N-C-E-L-L-E-D FLIGHT (nationwide sucks)

So I was supposed to take a flight to Jozi today. So, we all packed our bags and headed off to the airport, like the good little troopers we are. When we get there we find out that our flight has been CANCELLED!!! So I start laughing because I knew that nothing goo could come from the airline that had engines falling from their planes not so long ago.

Okay, okay go ahead and judge me for being so naive and believing that what was once one of my favourite airlines could rise from the ashes. I guess I'm just one of those people: the hopelessly optimistic type.

So I walk over to the friendly people at the check in counter and ask them what C-A-N-CE-L-L-E-D means for me and mine. The man behind the counter smirks, looks at his buddies and repeats my question: 'what does it means?' Now I know I'm dealing with a genius. 'Yes... WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR ME?' He smiles, like I'm the idiot, and says 'It means it's cancelled'. Great. So I bring down the IQ to Amoeba level and ask in baby words 'what the F&^% I'm supposed to do.' Then he tells me that I must try another airline and fill in a refund form. I walk away, laughing because I don't want to murder a person who is taking up way too much space anyway. So Marcee takes over.

It turns out the Amoeba omitted the fact that this REFUND will take a couple of months. Who hires these people? After a few painful minutes we discover that we can go to the ticket sales people and get moved to another flight. The ticket people were MUCH smarter than the last chap. So I ask 'why did nobody call us?'. The girl behind the desk smiles and says 'did nobody call you?' AM I SPEAKING GREEK?? So we get moved to a flight on Christmas Eve and went back home.

I am extremely annoyed with NATIONWIDE and after this run in with their friendly staff I have no interest in using them again. If you were thinking about giving this airline a 2nd chance... GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!

Never mind that I spent all this money paying for a taxi to take me to the airport and how that messes with my schedule: studios were cancelled in Cape Town, I had to make a million phone calls and I HATE THAT AIRLINE!!!!

NATIONWIDE SUCKS... In my humble opinion.