Monday, December 10, 2007

2007's worst/challenges

There are 20 days left of this year and I thought it would be great to take stock of what went down this year. These are the experiences that I found challenging this year.

  1. Getting a job where my dad is my bosses boss.. Sort of, but not really.
  2. People talking shit about me getting the job because of the above. Not really saying it to my face though... COWARDS!!
  3. Working with someone, that person losing their job and I had to take over while they were looking for someone new.
  4. Having that person not really know WHY they were fired and her thinking that I STOLE her job. Now it's all weird.
  5. Feeling like I would never be able to write my own songs and make music that I BELIEVED in.
  6. Having car payments... Oh wow, all that money?!
  7. Gaining all this weight.
  8. My old ass phone kept dying whenever it wasn't on the charger. It was 4 yrs old though. Couldn't even receive MMSes.
  9. My job was taking up too much time.
  10. Wasn't making enough money and my job HATED me.
  11. Starting to doubt the 'journey'
  12. Trying to give up MEAT!!! That was a challenge.
  13. Taking back my sexuality.
  14. Being confident that everything I am doing is going to work out and that I am not a screw up. A daily challenge.
  15. Being there for my Marcee, when I was feeling so despondent about a lot of things.
  16. Watching my dad go through some really tough times and not being there.
  17. Not being there for my mom when she was really sick earlier this year. Sometimes she could hardly walk and the Dr didn't know what was wrong with her.
  18. Letting go off the guilt of not being there for my cousin who died of AIDS. My fear of not wanting to see her in so much pain kept me from being there for her. I still struggle with that. We grew up together and she didn't have great support system. I feel like I failed her to some extent.
  19. Letting go of the FEAR and GUILT. It can be so crippling.
  20. Not getting nearly enough sleep, now that I work almost 7 days a week.

Those are the ones I can think of right now. UP NEXT: The BEST of 2007 so far. 20 days to go!!!!