Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The best of 2007 Part 1

Okay, so I realised that yesterday's post made 2007 seem a little sad. This year has been and continues to be AMAZING. I have grown so much and have learnt so much about myself.
So I'm going to share some of the things that have gotten me through the year.

NOT ON THE LIST BECAUSE IT JUST WOULDN'T BE FAIR: MARCEE




I really don't know how else to explain how wonderful it is to know that regardless of what I have or haven't done there is someone who LOVES me and BELIEVES in me. Having Marcia in my life is incredible. If I didn't love men so much I would seriously marry her, because that's how much I love her. Me and my fellow nerd are about to take the world by storm. WATCH OUT WORLD!!


Now I can begin with the list


1. John Mayer's Continuum album


Wow!! When I first heard 'waiting on the world to change' I had no idea he was the 'your body is a wonderland' guy. I wasn't a fan of that song nefore, but now I even play it on my show sometimes. 'Waiting on the world to change' is a great track , but I enjoy the message more than I do the 'music'. This whole album was like a great conversation with a friend I hadn't seen in a long time. I LOVE LOVE it. It's actually my driving music at the moment (I decided to give 'Finding Forever' a rest). This album manages to lift me when I need it or let's me cry when I need it too.

John's SOOO got that hot 'sulky artistic white boy thing' going in that pic. HEY JOHN LET'S GET TOGETHER AND DO A REALLY KICK ASS SONG LOL!!! CALL ME!!!

My absolute favourite songs off this album... That's a tough one, but I think I will go with 'Vultures', 'Stop this train', 'Gravity' and 'I'm gonna find another you'. WHAT AN AMAZING ALBUM. Did I mention that the man blogs as well? So, occasionally he lets you have a peak into the sometimes incomprehensible world of John Mayer. Nice.

2. A new phone. HALLELUYER!!!!



It's a Samsung L760. After carrying around my beloved brick (Nokia 3510i), it was really time to get a new phone. I am very scared of technology so this was a big step for me. I feel so much better knowing that my phone wont die as soon as it rings. And I find people don't look at me funny when I pull out my phone and read an sms, as opposed to trying to guess what it says because there is a solid line in the middle of your screen from when you dropped your phone in varsity ha ha ha ha ha.


3. The fam






No I do not think that the phone is less important than the fam. NEVER!!! I just happened to put them in this order. I talk to my family members at least 5 times a week. They have gone from expecting me to be who they thought I should be to completely trusting that I will not F$#& up. They support me, even when they don't understand why I do the things I do. I'm TRULY BLESSED. I will try and get pics of all of them together. (I'll try to get my dad to smile)



4. Meeting Dr John F Demartini



I am not exaggerating when I say that things could have gone VERY wrong this year had I not met Dr Demartini. I was truly READY to meet him and HEAR what he had to say. Had it been at any other time of my life I would have laughed it all off and carried on 'wasting my life'.


After meeting this incredible man I got my A into G, bought 3 of his books and started LIVING the BEST life right NOW. Thanks Dr Demartini, you will never know how RIGHT the time, message and EVERYTHING was when we met. You know what's so weird, he always looks like he does in that picture. Smiling that content smile of his.


5. Working at Radio 2000


This has been one of the most interesting, fulfilling and challenging jobs that I have ever done. Admittedly there was a little bit of drama, but what is life without a bit of hardship? I have met some REALLY amazing people through this job. I am on air 6 times a week on national radio station and I really can't complain about that. I LOVE MY JOB (even when things get rough)!!!

WE NOW HAVE STREAMING AUDIO, SO NO MORE EXCUSES FOR NOT LISTENING!!!!


6. John Legend





Ever since Marcee called me and told me to switch on the radio because this 'really nice song is on' and I heard 'Girl I'm in love with you..." I WAS SOLD!!! Like the other John (Mayer, not Demartini) I could listen to this man's music FOREVER. A lady I used to work with once asked me if I 'never get tired of listening to the same song' (the song in question was 'so high') and I answered NO.


When 'Once Again' came out I was one of the first to buy the album. Funny thing is I went to see the man live about 2 yrs ago, I hadn't even bough his CD. Nuff said... Marcee calls him 'Mr John' because you just don't disrespect a man with that much talent LMAO.

7. My girls (Ride or die...)

Now ladies (I know you are going to read this), when I ask for pics and you don't' send them what would you like for me to do. Luckily with this wonderful technology I can put them up even after I 'publish' this post. So pls pls send the PHOTOS.

I have 'RIDE OR DIE' friends. There is nothing we don't do for each other and because there's so many of us, there's always someone to run to when you are in a time of need, someone to borrow cash from and enough friends to buy you EVERYTHING you need when you finally move out of home (Phiwi I am NOT buying you couches silly girl). I have known them for too long and still we have so much to talk about. I mess up so badly and still they don't judge me (while I'm hurting), they tell me when they judge me and I always have someone to have WAY TOO MUCH to drink with. I LOVE YOU GUYS... ALL OF YOU!!!

I think that is enough for one day. More to come. 19 DAYS TO GO!!!