Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I feel like...

A little bit of Common. Woke up this morning and just selected 'Finding Forever' and then well it felt right to keep listening to the other albums.




Been listening to:

Misunderstood - aren't we all? Nina Simone's voice makes this song even more appealing.

Southside- Kanye West is featured on this track. They both sound so ALIVE on this one. I feel like I wanna battle, but we all know that I am no emcee LOL!

Break my heart- It's cute.

The People - The first song I heard off this album and it also makes me wanna 'ignite the people like Obama...'

Retrospect for life (ft Lauryn Hill) - I loved this song before I knew that I would love this man's music so much. The older I get the more I love the song.

G.O.D (Gaining Ones Definition) ft C-Lo- Marcee made me listen to this one enough times for me to like it :)

The Light - I think I have said this before, but I could listen to that damn song ALL DAY and still love it the next day.

Come Close - Even the video is beautiful.

I am music (ft Jill Scott) - It makes you want to get up and shake the blues because it feels so damn good.

Electric Wire Hustler Flower- This song makes that (Electric Circus) album for me. I LOVE IT!! He went where most rappers would be afraid to go: the alternative route.

It's your world pt 1& 2- Made me realise that It IS my world! And of course the ever-wise Pops makes an appearance.

Go! - It took me forever to realise what this song is about... Wow!!

Be - It's a sick intro!!!

Faithful- Mr John (Legend) makes an appearance on this song. "... what if God was a her? Would I treat her the same, would I still be running game..."

The Corner - It surprises some people that I like this song, but I do!

A film called Pimp (ft MC Lyte + Bilal) - For some reason I think this track is pure comedy. I enjoy it way too much :0

The Question (ft Mos Def) - Another track that makes me feel good. No track with mos def can ever be bad.

Time Travelling (A tribute to Fela) - Need I say more? He says he was a piano player in his last life. Well I was a crazy, smoking, drinking and tough singer who sang at a speakeasy in my past life. I think I may have died young in my last life, so I'm definitely going to live longer this time around ha ha ha ha.

Pops Rap 3... All my children - How cool is Pops? Shouting out those great musicians and sharing pearls of wisdom.

A song for Assata (ft C-Lo) - It is a classic case of one mans Freedom Fighter being another mans Terrorist. Except in this case it is a true story about a WOMAN. It is because of women like this that I know my own strength.


Nice neh?