Monday, March 3, 2008

The week that was

I have been MIA again... There has been lots happening and I was also ill during the wknd.

  1. Met up with C.B (producer) and that first track is sounding very nice, a lot more 'old school' than I anticipated, but nice.
  2. Finished reading a very interesting book Capitalist N*#$er. WOW! I enjoyed most of it, it was a real eye opener. Definitely changed the way i look at the world and myself. WOW!!I just couldn't put it down.
  3. Little brother is still alive and has to stay in my TINY apartment, for another month till res opens up. The reason i say he is still alive is because he does things that I simply don't allow in my small space. Initially I was being a good host, but I'm slowly morphing into INSANE BIG SISTER.
  4. Missed another one of Bridget's get together's. She's going to start thinking that I am avoiding her, when really the last 3 wknds have been intense: emotionally, physically and mentally.
  5. I got my finances in order- started reading Suze Orman's book (Women and money). Funny, she was on Oprah this afternoon, talking about the same book. NICE!
  6. I started eating junk again and then stopped. I really am addicted to the 'bad stuff', but I am learning how to practise self control.
  7. I ordered something from Mr Delivery and they didn't DELIVER!! Perhaps the name was a little misleading. I assumed that they would ACTUALLY DELIVER the food that I had ordered. Funny that!
  8. have resumed my guitar lessons- with me, the book and the DVD and so far so good. Fingers are a little sore again, but not enough for me to stop. Music gives me way too much joy?
  9. Oh... I broke one of the strings on my guitar and then had to walk to music store (which isn't far from home) because car was in for service. String wasn't expensive, but the tuner (that I had not planned on buying) was. DAMMIT! It does help a LOT though ;)
  10. Plans for NPO are coming along nicely, worked a lot on that. It will be registered by the end of this month.
  11. Paid a traffic fine today and it felt PRETTY DAMN GOOD.
  12. Took the car in for annual service. I can't believe I've had my little Jazz for more than a year now. She is so good to me, that when the car payments are taken from my account I don't even complain. Having a car has made a HUGE difference in my life.
  13. Marcee passed her LEARNERS... it's still a big deal for us :)

That's it!!!