Thursday, March 13, 2008

Today Hip Hop grows up

Today our guy Common turns 36. HAPPY BIRTHDAY COMMY COM!!!
Just the other day I said that Hip Hop seems to be refusing to grow up and then my girl said 'what about Mr Common Sense?'. I guess there are really positive things about Hip Hop like Talib, Mos Def (Cabby Cab), Kanye, Last Emperor, The Roots and so many others who realise that refusing to move forward is rejecting life itself. We are nothing without evolution!!


I'm not delusional either, I know that these guys are not perfect but I appreciate that they do not insult the music by harping on about hoes, rims, gangsters, VIP etc on all their tracks. Today Common turns a year older (as does Hip Hop- even though it's not Hip Hop's birthday today), so we say HALALA!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!









Look how far we've come :) Ha ha ha ha ha. I had to laugh at some of these pics.