Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I can be a super hero too

Marcee and I went to go and watch a movie last Friday (yes, I said Friday). After 'The Happening' I was a little hesitant to get excited, even if one of my favourite people was in it.

Well you'll be happy to know that I was not disappointed at all. The twist didn't bother me as much as it seemed to bother other people. I wont say what the twist is because I hate it when people blab about a movie I haven't watched yet. I'll be honest Iron man set the bar and it would be unfair to compare the two. Hancock was fun to watch, just a lot of fun.

Besides the fun though, something else really hit me. WARNING: SENTIMENTAL MOMENT COMING UP (there will be feelings mentioned in the next few lines). Ever since I was little I wanted to be a super hero, in fact yesterday I said I wanted to be James Bond as well (why is HE the only one who gets cool gadgets- I can do without the compulsory promiscuity though). When you are young you take your cue from the world around you and there was nothing around me that said I could be a super hero, although I did suspect I was adopted like Clark Kent (which turned out to be false they ARE my real parents). All the female super heroes were... BORING!! While I was watching Hancock I saw a little bit of myself in him.


Now I know you're probably thinking that I must have real penis envy, but I DON'T! What I'm saying is on Friday I realised that being a super hero was not reserved for young white men (Peter, Clark etc) and white women with pathetic outfits (Wonder Woman- props to her for being the first female member of the Justice League). I have always felt empowered as a person, but now there is one more thing I think I can do: be a super hero!!!


Big Willy is back!

P.S I won't be tring to fly off the top of buildings just yet LOL!