Thursday, July 10, 2008

Very unCommon

As a fan of Common's Electric Circus album, I happen to understand that there is more to Common than those silky smooth cuts that he has become well known for. There is more to everyone of us than what people perceive us to be. in fact I'm almost certain that Mr 'Spread the light' has moments where he wants to get DOWN & DIRTY (take it anyway you want) LOL!!


So when I heard his new joints I wasn't too perturbed or annoyed that he had taken what some seem to think is a different route. I actually thought 'okay, so he needed a creative outlet for different kinds of emotions... I can dig that."


Check out the two new joints (Universal Mind Control & Announcement) on his imeem page.


Don't get me wrong. I am not saying these are my favourite songs, but what I am saying is nothing about that music is un-COMMON for me. It's the same talented guy on a different beat, expressing a different side of himself. I'm gonna get the whole album when it (eventually) comes out and I'm sure I'll have some tracks that speak to and other that don't speak my preferred 'music language'.


Two sides to Com? LOL!!!

Pic via Complex




Let me know what you think of the new tracks :)