Monday, July 7, 2008

Looking for a new apartment

Is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

  1. Everything is overpriced in my area, but I wont move because I like it here.

  2. I REFUSE to live in a building filled with old women and cats. I have nothing against both, but I just don't want to live in a building that is as old as Jan CVan Riebeck: Where he sat having tea with his wife looking down at the natives saying 'darling the natives soon will be upon us, we have to devise some kind of plan to keep them down.' Uhm.... No!

  3. Having a decent bathroom and kitchen are my prerequisites. I don't know why I'm so fussy about those 2.

  4. I NEED to be in a safe block. I leave home before 11pm and return AFTER 3am for my show, so I need to know that I am SECURE.

  5. I have worked very hard the past 2 years and I deserve an upgrade of living conditions.

  6. I want to throw dinner parties and not be embarrassed that my guest can see my messy room. I NEED SPACE!!!

All that being said we have found THE PERFECT place, withing our price range and we are happy to say that by this time next month, we will be in a spacious, secure place with a LOVELY kitchen and bathroom. YESSIR!!!

This is how we feel (like we should be out drinking Jack n Lime celebrating and listening to a great band):