Thursday, June 7, 2007

Flying solo

So I hosted the radio show all by my lonesome today. Okay... let me start at the beginning. I have been sleeping really late because of the project HUSH HUSH (can't really say what it is, because well it's on the low for now) and I had to wake up really early to get to the studio in time to do a prep and have breakfast. On my way to work I heard my phone ringing, but I couldn't answer it because it was in my handbag, which was in the boot. It was the host of the show who was calling me. She called about 3 times so I knew it was urgent. I called her back and she said that she had a personal crisis and couldn't come to work.

WHAT?!! PANIC PANIC!!! After 5 minutes of panic I called Marcee and said 'Please come to the studio... I think I'm gonna faint." Like a TOP TJOMMIE she put everything down and came to hold my hand. I know how blesed I am to have someone like her in my life. I LOVE YOU MARCEE POO!!!! I was sure I was going to throw up all over the desk and get fired for destroying equipment and fainting on air. Everything went well. I had the support of my bestfreind and everybody else. It went pretty okay and I'm still in one piece. So there is one thing I thought I could never do and I DID IT. Verity was right, I have let my fear keep me small and prevent me from really knowing my strength. I FLEW SOLO TODAY!!!!

Experiment update:
The experiment is going well. Tonight we had Lentil Bobotie (is that the right spelling?). Lovely stuff. I would love to say one of us cooked it, but ti was store bought. Things have been more than hectic this week and it's not going to get better either.

I'm still trying to find a way to go to the John Legend show... Sulk sulk sulk. HEEEELLLLPP!!