Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Telesales bullies AARGH!

Yesterday I received a call from a telesales person from my Insurance company. I was busy, but I entertained it (BIG MISTAKE). After listening to this guy read something to me, I asked him to send me a pamphlet or something that I could read because I couldn't just a make a decision like that over the phone. He became annoyed with me and said that he couldn't send me anything until I committed to something. I said no and tried to explain to MR TELESALES that I couldn't make a decision like that over the phone. He got all snappy with me and started patronising me. I tried to stop the belligerent TELESALES person, but he kept cutting me off. He ended our conversation with a very sarcastic 'thank you for your time' and hung up on me.

Question: why did that man think that was okay? Do we entrust our service providers with our contact details just to have some unhappy chappy call us and attack us? If he had called me at work randomly or even at a public phone (I know that doesn't make any senses, but indulge me). But he called me on my cellphone. I don't give out my number all willy nilly because I value my privacy. So this bully PISSED ME OFF like you wont believe.

I immediately got on the phone and called the insurance company to tell them that I WILL NOT BE HARASSED on MY PHONE because some TELESALES person is having a bad day. I was at the receiving end of this cowards frustrated tirade and I didn't deserve it. I have problems of my own... UHHH ROOT CANAL COMING UP! But I'm not being a pain.

Aren't you tired of people calling you and offering you R10 000 worth of airtime, lifetime access to some obscure spa etc etc. ENOUGH ALREADY!! I'm not saying that ALL TELESALES people are bad, but it gets a bit much when you receive call s at the most inconvenient times.

I'm done sharing my story, feel free to share yours with somebody else. You'll feel much better.

I'm so beeezy today, so beeezy. Day job is kicking my behind-boo hoo hoo.