Thursday, June 21, 2007

Why do YOU do it?

SO, the other day someone left a comment asking why I had a blog, what it was that I had to contribute? Uhmm... Okay!

It got me thinking: What exactly is meaningful? I mean I know what the word means, but who decides what is meaningful and what isn't? I decided to have my own blog because I wanted to share MY journey with my friends and anybody else who may be interested. It says so in my 'blog description'. I live in Cape Town, away from my friends and family (who are all over the world). I would love to say that I am the best at keeping in touch with ALL of them, but I'm not. So this is my way of keeping them updated on the happenings of my life.

That being said, I don't always talk about what is happening in my life. Occasionally I talk about what is happening around the world and things that have really struck a chord with me. I'm so sorry that 'anonymous' feels that what I have to say is not meaningful... Okay, that was a lie. I don't actually care. If you think my blog is boring or shallow you are not compelled to come back :)

I'd really like to know something: Do you sometimes feel pressured to write 'meaningful' posts or do you even care? I'm curious to find out why the rest of you are blogging?

P.S Thanks to Eishman for pointing out that I had not said where the band will be based: CAPE TOWN. Sorryyyy 'bout that :)