Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sunday throwback video 2

I'm still hard at work on day-job stuff, so I figured I should play another game. Here is another throwback video. Yes, yes I know, I was too young to truly appreciate what this song was really about when it first came, I am now. Please enjoy it... Throwback video of the day is Common's 'I used to love H.E.R'



I just love it when he says:

"Now I see her in commercials, shes universal"
"Talkin about poppin glocks servin rocks and hittin switches
Now shes a gangsta rollin with gangsta b%$ch#s
Always smokin blunts and gettin drunk"
"Stressin how hardcore and real she is"
"She was really the realest, before she got into showbiz
I did her, not just to say that I did it
But Im committed, but so many n*&%z hit it
That shes just not the same lettin all these groupies do her
I see n*&%z slammin her, and takin her to the sewer
But ima take her back hopin that the sh%$ stop
Cause who Im talkin bout yall is hip-hop"

Gotta love this stuff. I LOVE that last line about her being Hip Hop :)