Saturday, June 9, 2007

Toothace HORROR!!

So you know how I was complaining about that toothache last night? Ja. Well, it turns out that it wasn't any ol' toothache. It is infact an abscess... YUCK YUCK YUCK!! If you want a gross definition of what an abscess is, go here. Pus?! GASP... SHOCK... FAINT! Okay back to my tooth story.

A month (or so) ago I had a filling done, by a stand in dentist. Not sure where my sweet, gentle and smart dentist was. After the filling was done, my tooth was unnecessarily sensitive, anything could set it off: cold water, hot water, food etc. I went to go see the dentists and he said that it was minor and recommended that I rub Mentadent S on it and all would be good. I did and all was not good. Now here I sit with pain that I cannot describe and an appointment for a root canal for Tuesday the 19th. WHYYYYYYYYY?!

Why me? I have a dental jinx. Anything that could possibly go wrong when it comes to my teeth, always does. Why me? Why? As if that is not enough, I am now on Antibiotics and CANNOT have ONE DROP of alcohol. Conspiracy theory anyone? Root canal is going to cost me many limbs (I am no longer on medical aid because I'm a freelancer) and that means that I'm going to fork out many many Ronds! That means no more John Legend for me. I had to choose between healthy gums and teeth and an amazing musical experience. I'm afraid I HAD to pick the latter, because I HATE pain.

Later days