Monday, July 2, 2007

Bianca Ryan?

I stumbled across this young (12 year old) lady a couple of weeks ago, while I was messing about on YouTube. Don't worry this was before I was swamped with 'day job' stuff. Then I saw her again on Oprah this afternoon (she has a million dollar record deal). Interesting stuff!!

I got to thinking: what will become of this very talented person? She has a genuine 'fire' in her voice and with enough life experience she will blow us all away once that 'experience' is added to her performances. Right now it's all just 'raw' talent. Not that I don't have goosebump moments when she sings. She is really cute and 'NORMAL'. But how long will it take before some sick industry person tells her that those cute chubby cheeks mean that she is fat? And that she needs to lose weight and doing God knows what else. I'm hoping that her parents who raised her in the church will be sensible enough to keep being her parents REGARDLESS of how much talent she's got.

Below is a clip of Bianca Ryan on 'America's got talent'. Oh that voice is so precious and she is even more precious.