Sunday, July 15, 2007

Perky boobs?!! What a joke!

Okay so Marcee and I were talking about our breasts (as all women do) and I asked her if she even remembered having perky breasts? Her answer was the same as mine: NO!!!

You see the reason I was asking is because I went through a bit of a 'breast hate' thing not so long ago (a month ago). I had been seeing a lot of women on TV with lots of 'boobage' like me, but theirs were perky (very unlike mine). This lead me to believe that my breasts were somehow 'ugly'... Yes, I now know that it was stupid to even think that, but I was young. There were too many images of big perky boobs and not enough of the big south facing ones and I began to feel like I was in the minority.

But I started thinking about it seriously... Why would they STAY perky? No, stay with me please... Quite often women tend to 'lose their minds' when it comes to our bodies. Ofcourse it makes sense that my 'girls' are not perky!! I 'developed' breasts earlier than most of my peers and they grew at an alarming rate as well. So when all the other girls were noticing that their 'pips' were becoming apples, I already had apples. It's insulting for me to expect my girls to look as young as the other girls and lets not forget that some of the other girls have had some help (surgically enhanced). Let's not forget that gravity also had a hand in all this.

I spent such a long time 'beating myself up' and thinking that I was ugly because I wasn't like everyone else (on TV). Now I'm just happy that my boobage fills my tops so beautifully and that it's all natural (lots of people go 'under the knife' to be able fill my cup size). Now, I know Marcee is going to read this and say that I'm exaggerating, so please let the record show that my girls are not flat and droopy (like a deflated balloon) they are full and slightly droopy (like a balloon with water in it)... Okay, so I'm doing a very good job at describing 'the other'. WHO CARES??

I love the way my breasts look. In fact they haven't been looking so sad these days. Amazing what a little bit of self esteem can do. After taking back my Va-jay-jay, I'm ready to take back my breasts.

Do you sometimes have unrealistic expectations of how your body should look?

I'd like to hear what men have to say as well. Do men really expect women to have perky breasts, no hair on their bodies and no stretch marks?