Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Leaving home?

Okay, so after Sonja Brown was found dead on Monday I made a decision: I am not going to have kids and raise them in South Africa!!!

I might be over reacting just a little bit, but I am getting sick of buying the newspaper and reading about children being abused and murdered. We shouldn't have to live like this and the children of our country should not have to live in fear of being killed or in pain from abuse. I know it's unpatriotic of me, but SCREW THAT! be!! I want to have kids and I will do whatever it takes and I will go wherever I have to, to ensure that they are not harmed.

I know that there are sick paedophiles all over the world and I know that children can be murdered anywhere in the world, but things seem to be getting worse. I don't know... Am I being overly emotional? Should I stay in my country and try to 'make things better'? I worry a lot about my future and think about these things quite often. I wonder if the average South African has thoughts like these often?

Do you ever feel like taking your Sh*& and leaving all this madness behind? What makes you stay?