Wednesday, July 25, 2007

NO meat?!

Okay so a while ago my wife and I decided that we were going to stop eating meat HA HA HA HA HA!!! This is the official update:

It was HARD at the beginning... VERY Hard!!! WE were both really dedicated so we stuck to the 'no meat' rule. About 2 weeks into it, I was craving chicken so I made a chicken salad for supper. I figured it wouldn't be so bad if I added chicken to a whole lot of RAW vegetables. Don't I get points for eating them raw or something?! Poor Marcee she couldn't very well, take the chicken out of our salad, so she ate it. I really do feel bad because I was the one that re-introduced meat into our diet.

After the chicken salad, we were adding a little bit of fish into our diet as well and then eventually were eating meat again.. DAMMIT Dammit!! We were coming along so nicely. So there you have: we make horrible vegetarians. We didn't know any fun veg recipes and you can only have lentil pilaf so many times HA HA HA!!

So it looks like we wont become vegetarians over night (breathing a sigh of relief). We have decided that we will not eat as much red meat as we used to. Note I said not as much and not stop eating red meat.

I'm thankful that we did try this crazy experiment out. We have gotten used to the idea of having a meal with no meat in it which is 'great'. We have eaten more veggies than we ever thought we would. We don't feel like we NEED meat. It's always good to learn something new about yourself, so it wasn't such a waste.

In my next life I want to be stong willed ha ha ha.