Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Baby steps

Before I start, allow me to share my joy (I am so proud of the Proteas). I know the game is not over but I honestly didn't expect anything above 200 runs... I love these 'boys' regardless of the outcome of the game.

Now that I'm done with my cricket talk...

My singing career (not sure if I can call it that) didn't begin just recently. I have always loved singing, but my dad wasn't having any of that. He knew that I was talented but he insisted that I get a degree so that I could get a 'proper' job. After completing the degree, a post-grad diploma and a stint in advertising I find myself in radio, trying to become a FULL TIME musician.

I have been doing the music thing seriously for about a year now and I am in the process of finishing my EP. I have been procrastinating for a while and my manager (and best friend) has forced me to take the big step. This is a small step on my journey to becoming a full time muso.

Why have I been procrastinating??? Because!! This is the only thing that I am afraid of failing at. That's how much it means to me. Music kind of scares me because it means SOOO much to me. I never really cared whether I got great marks at school/varsity. I guess I figured that if I don't do it (the EP) then I wouldn't have failed at the ONE thing that I LOVE so much. Am I making any kind of sense here? No matter how scared I am I KNOW that I have to keep going. I can't start something so wonderful and not see it through. So tomorrow I'm going to work on the songs for the EP with 'the producer kid' (he's very good) and I'm soooo nervous. The girl with no musical training is putting out an EP and we're hoping to get it out by the end of May. I will mos def put one of the songs up on here once we're done.

Day job stuff:
Today was an average day. The Sea Point SH*& club blessed my recently washed and waxed car with their SH&%. Those birds have no idea how long it takes me to wash and wax that car. I really need to stop parking under that tree! Boss told us that we will be flying to Jozi on the 15th for a week, for training etc. Great!! At least I get to see the family and it's my big brothers birthday that weekend so that will be fun. Might even hit the watering holes with my girls... Oh to be young!!

Have to go back to working on songs...

Cheerio darlings!