Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Top too tight?

So, there I was getting ready for work this morning: was very late, so I quickly put on my favourite button up top, jeans and favourite girly shoes and off I went.

Before I get to work I stop at a shop and get the Cape Times (I use for it for information for one of the features on the radio show). There was no parking outside the shop, some truck driver decided it was a good place to unload stuff (how inconsiderate), so I had to park 5 metres away from the shops entrance!! While walking to the shops entrance I noticed that the third button of my shirt had come undone, or maybe I never really did it up properly, so I fixed it and went about my merry way.

At work half way through the show I noticed that the button came undone again and I fixed it. This happened three more times before I went home. What usually happens is that I get home a little after midday (because I work from home), take off work clothes, put on shorts and get to work on my laptop. I was standing in front of the mirror while I was undressing... '

WTF is going on?' was my first thought when I saw my reflection. OMG I'm looking a little round!!! I'm not exxagreating here. My jeans were squeezing my love handles and i noticed that I wasn't even wearing a belt (usually if I don't wear a belt I have to pull my jeans up every 5 minutes). Woe is me, what am I going to do?

So that's what happens when you stop exercising!! My little diva-2-B body is heading straight back to gym, skipping and Billy Blanks (Tae-Bo) AND I'm taking that alcoholic best friend of mine with me too. OH HELL NO am I gonna allow the work of art that is my body to be ruined by a couple of cup cakes, chips etc etc. I am not going down without a fight. It's not like I don't have genetics on my side: All the women in my family have been blessed with huge asses, large breasts and large everything else. I only managed to miss the ass gene, just my luck. Apparently big asses are in right now.

Friends, family, co-workers and strangers. I am asking you never to forget this moment and next time you see me with a cup cake in my hand (that is likely to be tomorrow afternoon) ask me if my top is feeling a little tight...

*sigh* Okay it's late and I shouldn't be drinking whiskey and talking about my expanding body (suddenly feel like I've said this before, I wonder why?)