Saturday, April 21, 2007

Shopping is...

Tedious, boring, expensive, useless, taking up my drinking time, really annoying, etc etc..

I'm not the shopping type. I do not enjoy walking around for ages and looking at different items of clothing that I probably cannot afford, which will make the choosing process even harder. Knowing this about me, manager, best friend, housemate person decided that today would be dedicated to shopping for me and Black Porcelain.

What is the difference you ask yourself. Well, I am quite happy in old (sometimes dirty) jeans and an old shirt. The reason my clothes are old is because I HATE shopping. I only shop when my clothes are torn or when my friends refuse to be seen in public with me because people point and stare. Black Porcelain on the other hand is not a slob (she may hate shopping) but she cares about her appearance and 'wants' to wear nice girly clothes. And (most importantly) I need clothes for the photo-shoot for the EP. I promise I will explain the EP stuff soon. It's too hectic for me to go into right now :)

Unfortunately for me Black Porcelain and I share the same body, so I had to be present for her shopping 'spree'. I just wanted to walk into a store, pick something, try it on QUICKLY and leave, but apparently that is not how it is done. We started the shopping thing pretty early in the day and by lunch time I was getting restless. I had to take a break and go to my piano lesson (thank goodness). When I got back Marcee had called back up: Zoe (Varsity chommie). I was out-numbered and had to co-operate (curses!). We finished the shopping thing at 20:33 and boy was I tired...

There must be other women out there who hate shopping as much as I do... Somebody? Anybody? *Sigh* I'm exhausted... Haven't even started packing for Jozi trip (typical).