Monday, April 30, 2007

I'm not an addict am I?

This is what I keep asking myself. Why is it that when I have been 'away' from music for even a little while I fall into a bit of 'depression'. I'm not even kidding: I become so moody and all I want to do is 'connect' with my keyboard.

Somehow all the things I cannot say come out so beautifully when I 'play' them. I'm not the best communicator at all and before I 'accepted my destiny' (music) I used to get so frustrated because I didn't have an outlet. The first time I played my own melody on the piano, something incredible happened. It was WAAAAYY better that eating 'Woolies' cup cakes, better than all those times I had gotten wasted with my buddies. I wasn't tired anymore, I felt like the person I always wanted to be, I was in love and I couldn't explain it.

If YOU think this sounds bizarre, you must understand how I was feeling. I thought I was losing my mind, but the more I did it, the more I wanted to do it. When I didn't do it for a while, I was agitated, grumpy, sad etc.

Does this sound like addiction to you? I'm not an addict am I? Is addiction to something as harmless (but powerful) as music a bad thing? I've never felt this way about anything in my life. Someone please tell me that it's okay to feel this way or that things will get better. When I say better I mean: I won't be an 'Ogre' when I come back from a week long 'business trip', because I was unable to do anything musical.

*sigh* I think I need a night-cap ha ha ha ha ha... JOKE!!